Both U.S. and global Out-of-Home (OOH) ad growth is expected to rise at a fast pace in 2020, with U.S. Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) increasing even more rapidly.
Out-of-Home Ad Growth:
- Global: Out-of-Home is expected to see an 8.5% growth in 2020, the fastest increase in 13 years, and will continue to ramp up until 2023.
- U.S.: Out-of-Home’s compounded annual growth rate (CAGR)* will be 5.4% from 2018 through 2023.
U.S. Digital Out-of-Home Ad Growth:
- In the U.S., Digital Out-of-Home (ex. billboard, DMV, elevator, gas station) will rise even more rapidly at an 8.5% CAGR from 2018 through 2023.
- In 2023, DOOH will have a 38.3% share of all Out-of-Home media in the U.S.
U.S. Consumer Exposure:
- U.S. consumer exposure to OOH advertising is expected to rise 1% to 2.96 hours per week through 2023.
- DOOH consumer exposure will rise at a 5.1% compounded rate to reach 1.23 hours by 2023.
*The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) is the proportional growth rate from year to year, used to calculate growth over a time period.
- Source: MediaDailyNews, reported by Wayne Friedman